Last Revision Date: November 26, 2019
You may reach our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by contacting them at Privacy@ugiintl.com.
Third-Party websites and data transfers
Purposes for which we use your Personal Information
Information collected from cookies and other technologies
Our website uses “cookies” and other technologies and web beacons (where applicable) to collect information about you (pixel tags and web beacons are also known as clear GIFs, action tags or web tags). A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
- distinguish you from other users of our website; and
- help us to provide you with a better experience when you use our website and allows us to improve the website.
Cookies are used to collect information about:
- your use of our website during your current session and over time (including the webpages you view and the files you download),
- your operating system and browser type,
- your internet service provider,
- your domain name and IP address,
- the website that you visited before our website, and
- the link that you use to leave our website.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to "Tools", select "Internet Options" and then "Privacy".
In the case of Firefox, for Mac users, go to "Preferences", select "Privacy" and then "Show Cookies". For Windows users, go to "Tools", select "Options", then "Privacy" and finally "Use custom settings for history".
If you use Safari, go to "Preferences", then select "Privacy".
In the case of Google Chrome, go to "Tools", select "Options" ("Preferences" in the case of Mac users), then "Advanced" and finally "Content Settings" under the Privacy section and tick on "Cookies" in the "Content Settings" dialog box.
If you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of our website may not operate at its optimum. For more information see www.allaboutcookies.org. Our website uses Google Analytics to help collect and analyse certain information about you but this information is de-identified.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
HubSpot helps Avantigas manage our inbound marketing. To do this, our website use third-party analytics and marketing cookies from HubSpot that will process personal data from our users. We track aspects such as website visits, user clicks, and visited pages. This data is then used to create a custom experience and help us better understand our user’s needs. To learn more about Hubspot click here (https://legal.hubspot.com/cookie-policy).
Disclosure of Personal Information to third-parties
Transfer of your Personal Information outside the EEA
We may transfer your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to our suppliers and/or our headquarters located outside the EEA. In this case, such transfers will either be covered by a contract including the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by the recipient’s adherence to the “Privacy Shield” mechanism, or to Binding Corporate Rules, or by any other mechanism providing for an adequate level of protection. You can receive a copy of the mechanism implemented upon request to the DPO.
Terms of Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep the Personal Information relating to you as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which such information was collected. We keep your Personal Information up to three (3) years after the end of our relationship with you. However, in certain situations, your Personal Information may be retained for longer, for example, in case of litigation, or in order to comply with our accounting, legal or regulatory obligations. In any case, this data will be destroyed or anonymized once such purposes have been fulfilled.
In order to improve our study and statistics analysis, we may keep your anonymized data for an unlimited duration. Anonymisation is a mechanism protection aiming at transforming in an irreversible manner the Personal Information for them to no longer identify the relevant individual.
Integrity, protection and retention of Your Personal Information
While we endeavour to protect your Personal Information, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information, and ultimately you provide your Personal Information to us at your own risk. We use commercially reasonable efforts and security practices to safeguard your Personal Information and to employ security measures designed to protect your Personal Information from access by unauthorized persons. Some of those measures include, but may not be limited to, encryption, firewalls and use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL).
We shall provide you with access to your Personal Information in accordance with your legal entitlements so you can instruct us to correct or update the Personal Information if it is inaccurate, or delete your Personal Information if we are not required to retain it by law, for legal purposes, including claims management, or for a legitimate business purpose. You can also request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information or the portability of your Personal Information. To exercise any of these rights, send an e-mail to the DPO.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can raise a concern with the DPO or the data protection authority in your country of residence.
In the event you have consented to us using your Personal Information and you later decide that you want to opt out from our use of your Personal Information, you may do so by contacting the DPO.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 (or such legally required higher age) and do not target our websites to children under 13 (or such legally required higher age). We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 (or such legally required higher age) has submitted Personal Information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information from our databases and not to use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or as allowed by law). If you become aware of any Personal Information we have collected from children under 13 (or such legally required higher age), please contact the DPO.
When visiting our websites, information relating to the device you are using to browse, may be recorded in the device cookie files. This is subject to your selected preferences and can be modified at any time.
What is meant by the terms “cookies” or “trackers”?
Trackers can be stored or read, for example when visiting a website, a mobile application, installing or using software.
The term tracker may cover, in particular:
- cookies and HTTP variables, which may pass through invisible pixels or web beacons;
- “flash” cookies;
- access to device information from APIs (LocalStorage, IndexedDB, advertising IDs such as IDFA or Android ID, GPS access, etc.),
- any other identifier generated by software or operating system (serial number, MAC address, unique device identifier (IDFV), or any set of data that is used to calculate a unique fingerprint of the device (for example via a “fingerprinting” method).
For convenience, the term “cookies” will be used in this policy to cover all technologies.
Important information about consent
The storage or reading of certain cookies does not require your prior consent.
- Either because they do not process any personal data about you,
- or because they are strictly necessary for the provision of the service you are requesting.
Other types of cookies are only stored if you accept them.
What cookies do we use?
When you browse our sites, first-party cookies and third-party cookies may be installed on your devices.
- First-party cookies are set on the domains you visit. These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of the site or that improve its browsing and interactivity. They are exclusively subject to the terms of this policy.
- Third-party cookies are created, stored and used by partner companies on our behalf, for the purposes of improving the display functions of the site (operating cookies), audience measurement (analytics cookies), real-time sharing (sharing cookies) and improving advertising (advertising cookies). The issue and use of third-party cookies are subject to the “cookies” policies of these third parties.
We inform you of the purpose of the cookies of which we are aware and the means available to you to make choices with regard to these cookies.
We take the necessary steps to ensure the protection of your personal data, in particular by requesting the anonymisation of your IP address and by limiting the retention period of these cookies as much as possible, in accordance with the provisions of this policy.
4 types of cookies are stored on our websites:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the site: these cookies are essential for your browsing on our websites. They allow you to maintain your connection to our sites and to secure it. Thanks to them, you can, for example, access your customer profile or ensure the items in your basket are saved. These cookies may use identifiers or Personal Data that you have previously entered and stored. Without these cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our websites. We therefore advise against deleting them.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the site to function optimally. Their purpose is to ensure smooth and personalised browsing of our websites. They allow you to maintain your connection to our sites and to secure it. They are not essential for browsing but make it possible to optimise the operation of our websites, in particular the display of pages according to your preferences or your connectivity. You can object to them and delete them using your browser settings – however, your user experience may be degraded.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to understand the performance of our websites and the use made of them. These cookies aim to improve the interest and quality of our services by having access to statistics relating to the volumes of traffic and the use of our websites. They also aim to detect browsing problems that may arise and improve the performance and functionality of our websites.
These cookies collect information about the pages you visit, including the number of pages viewed, the date and time, the number of visits, your activity on our websites, your frequency of return visits and in some cases, your IP address. They only process data relating to your browsing on our websites, which can be read on one of your subsequent visits.
Some of these cookies may be stored on our behalf by our partners, and in particular the VTE company, as part of the calculation of energy savings premiums that may be carried out on our site.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to offer you our offers that are best suited to your interests when you visit other sites. They also make it possible to measure the effectiveness of our offers.
The relevance of the advertising content displayed on your device can be optimised by associating the navigation information of your device on our websites with data provided from elsewhere (location information, etc.). Your refusal of these cookies has no impact on the use of our websites. Refusing them will not stop advertising, but it will be less relevant.
How long do we store cookies?
We take care to limit the retention period of cookies as much as possible, while offering you a personalised, high-quality service.
Type of cookie
Cookies necessary for the operation of the site
Your cookie preferences
On your first visit to our site, you can accept the use of all categories of cookies or set your preferences.
How to configure your browser, smartphone and software components
You can allow or refuse the storage of cookies on your device and modify this setting at any time.
If you have accepted the storage of cookies in your browser, they are stored in a dedicated area of your device.
If you refuse the storage of cookies on your device or if you delete those that are stored there, you will no longer be able to benefit from certain features that are necessary for browsing areas of our websites. If necessary, we decline all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded operation of our websites, resulting from the impossibility for us to save or consult the cookies necessary for their operation, that you have deleted or refused.
How to configure your browser
Most browsers accept cookies by default. However, you can decide to block these cookies or ask your browser to notify you when a site tries to install a cookie on your device.
Please refer to the help menu of your browser in order to set your cookie preferences. Below are the links to the cookie settings instructions for the main browsers:
How to configure your privacy settings on your smartphone
You can decide to reset your advertising ID and change the privacy settings of your smartphone.
To configure your privacy settings:
Android system: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
Apple system: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
How to configure your analytics cookies settings
You can configure your browser to refuse third-party cookies by default. You can also decide to block only certain providers:
Google Adwords: Plug-ins are available to systematically block cookies.
YouronlineChoices tells you how to choose cookie preferences company by company:
More generally, we invite you to consult the “Vos traces” section of the CNIL website: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/