AvantiGas maintains this website for your personal information, education, and communication. You may download material displayed on the wesbite for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content on our website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without AvantiGas written permission. Your access to and use of this website is also subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing our website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions below. If you don't accept the below terms and conditions you may not use our website.
If you have any questions about this site or the below Terms and Conditions, please email us.
Compliance with laws
By downloading from or using the website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including U.K. export and re-export control laws and regulations.
If for any reason your account was improperly charged, please contact your local AvantiGas office. The phone number and address for your local AvantiGas office is listed on your most recent AvantiGas invoice or statement.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, including the website legal and privacy statement (which is incorporated here in by reference), or this website or the use thereof, shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Information on the website, other than historical financial information, may consist of forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements may differ materially from actual future events or results. For instance, factors that could cause results to differ from these statements include the rate of adoption of new technology, competitive pricing actions, and marketing programs, among others.
No Warranty. THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIAL AND CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Without limiting the foregoing, AvantiGas does not promise or warrant to you that any aspect of the website and system will work properly or will be available continuously. AvantiGas also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio. While AvantiGas uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the website, AVANTIGAS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, OR OTHERWISE RESPECTING, THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT ON THIS SITE OR ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Links to third party websites. Certain links in website will let you leave this website for web sites, web pages or services not operated by AvantiGas or its affiliates ("Third Party Websites"). Third party websites are not under the control of AvantiGas and AvantiGas is not responsible for the conarents of any linked third party website or any links, any changes or updates to third party websites. AvantiGas is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AvantiGas of the site.
Right to Update. AvantiGas may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this webpage. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Website legal & privacy statement
AvantiGas recognises and respects the importance of maintaining the privacy of visitors to our Site. In our website Legal & Privacy Statement below, we describe why we gather visitor information, what information we collect, how we collect it, what we use the information for and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information.
How we collect and use your information
AvantiGas collects basic information about you when you complete our customer information request forms. AvantiGas uses the information we collect from you to attempt to provide you with information we believe you may find useful and make imporvment to our services to you. We do not make such information or your e-mail address available to third parties.
Reward schemes and promotions. Personal data provided by you will be held and processed on computer by Avanti Gas Limited ("AvantiGas") to register you and administer its promotion. AvantiGas may disclose information about you to (1) any employee, agent or sub-contractor of AvantiGas (2) any company within the UGI group (3) any person to whom AvantiGas proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties under any agreement it has with you (4) as otherwise required or permitted by law. Your details will not be disclosed by AvantiGas to any other UGI company or third party for direct marketing purposes.
Limitations on AvantiGas abilities
Websites are never perfect, and thus AvantiGas may inadvertently use or disclose your information in ways not contemplated by our Legal & Privacy Statement or even in direct contravention of it. For example, there could be a glitch in the software that could result in an unintended disclosure, or AvantiGas might also make ad hoc use of your information in ways it can't contemplate here. AvantiGas will do its best to work with you if such situations arise, but your sole remedy in these cases is to have AvantiGas try to rectify the problem as soon as it can.
In addition, although highly unlikely, it is possible for internet transmissions containing your personal information to be intercepted by others. It is impossible for AvantiGas to ensure the privacy and security of all transmissions made to and from the Site while in transit.
AvantiGas does not control the privacy policies of the wesbites to which it provides links and you should be aware that if you click through to such a site, you will be subject to that wesbites privacy policies.
AvantiGas uses industry-standard methods of securing its database of user information, such as, if and where appropriate, firewalls and limits on who can access user information databases. However, please keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet and that the facility to send emails to AvantiGas i.e. contact us, is not a secure medium and should not be used to send confidential/sensitive information.
If you would like to update or correct information previously provided to us, please contact us with your new information.
Consent and changes to policy
Subject to the above provisions, by using our website, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
You should be aware that when you use our website or mobile site, that we may collect information by using ‘cookies’. The cookies AvantiGas use are to enable us to improve your experience on our website. All information gathered is anonymous.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. There are different types of cookies and some are essential to your browsing experience to enable you to move around the site and use its features. These are usually session cookies and are automatically deleted after you close your web browser. Other types of cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as your language or remembering if you’ve filled in a survey ( so you’re not asked to do it again).
The AvantiGas website uses ‘analytics cookies’. These are cookies that collect anonymous information that is grouped together to show overall patterns of the website usage. Analytics cookies only record activity on the site you are on and they are only used to improve how a website works. By allowing analytics cookies, you enable websites such as AvantiGas to keep track of which web pages are popular and which don’t get used so much to help keep websites relevant and up to date.
Are cookies harmful software?
No. Cookies are not viruses, Trojans, spyware, worms or any other kind of malware. They cannot install things you don’t want on your computer.
Can cookies see what’s on my computer?
No. cookies cannot see what’s on your computer. They can’t collect any information from your hard drive or your computer files. Cookies can only be read by the website that gave you the cookie in the first place.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Most browsers not only allow you to delete cookies, but they have the ability for you to see what cookies you’ve currently got. The majority of modern browsers also allow you to control what cookies you get, keep and capture. If you’re thinking of changing your settings for cookies, please remember that your changes will apply to all websites you visit. To manage your cookies and for instructions on how to delete your cookies on Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, please visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9 To manage cookies for any other browser please visit the help section of the website for the browser you are using.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Standard Terms and Conditions - Mains Gas
We’re all about being open and honest with our customers and partners, which is why we’ve made our standard Terms and Conditions easily-accessible and simple to follow, to keep you completely up-to-speed with how we do things.
Read more here.
UGI Midlands Limited
Tax Strategy -2017
This strategy applies to UGI Midlands Limited and to the UK sub-group of companies headed by UGI Midlands Limited in accordance with paragraph 19 of Schedule 19 to the Finance Act 2016. A list of the entities to which it applies is set out below. In this strategy, references to ‘UGI Midlands Limited’, ‘the company’ or ‘the group’ are to all these entities. The strategy has is being published in accordance with paragraph 16(4) of the Schedule.
This strategy applies from the date of publication until it is superseded. References to ‘UK Taxation’ are to the taxes and duties set out in paragraph 15(1) of the Schedule which include Income Tax, Corporation Tax, PAYE, NIC, VAT, Insurance Premium Tax, and Stamp Duty Land Tax. References to ‘tax’, ‘taxes’ or ‘taxation’ are to UK taxation and to all corresponding worldwide taxes and similar duties in respect of which the Group has legal responsibilities.
UGI Midlands Limited is committed to compliance with all statutory obligations and full disclosure to relevant tax authorities. The group’s tax affairs are managed in a way which takes into account the group’s wider corporate reputation in line with UGI Midlands Limited’s overall high standards of governance.
Governance in relation to UK taxation
- Ultimate responsibility for UGI Midlands Limited’s tax strategy and compliance rests with the Board of UGI Midlands Limited;
- Executive management of the group’s finance and tax is delegated by the Board to the UK Finance Director.
- The Audit & Risk Committee’s requirement to monitor the integrity of the group’s financial reporting system, internal controls and risk management framework, expressly includes those elements relating to taxation;
- The UK Finance Director has executive responsibility for tax matters;
- Day-to-day management of the group’s tax affairs is delegated to the group Finance team, which reports to the UK Finance Director;
- The Finance team is staffed with appropriately qualified individuals, who take advice from external advisors where appropriate;
- The Board ensures that UGI Midlands Limited’s tax strategy is one of the factors considered in all investments and significant business decisions taken;
- The UK Finance Director reports to the Audit and Risk Committee and the Board on UGI Midlands Limited’s tax affairs and risks during the year.
- UGI Midlands Limited operates a system of tax risk assessment and controls as a component of the overall internal control framework applicable to the group’s financial reporting system;
- UGI Midlands Limited seeks to reduce the level of tax risk arising from its operations as far as is reasonably practicable by ensuring that reasonable care is applied in relation to all processes which could materially affect its compliance with its tax obligations;
- Processes relating to different taxes are allocated to appropriate process owners, who carry out a review of activities and processes to identify key risks and mitigating controls in place. These key risks are monitored for business and legislative changes which may impact them and changes to processes or controls are made when required;
- Appropriate training is carried out for staff who manage or process matters which have tax implications;
- Advice is sought from external advisers where appropriate.
Attitude towards tax planning and level of risk
- UGI Midlands Limited manages risks to ensure compliance with legal requirements in a manner which ensures payment of the right amount of tax.When entering into commercial transactions, UGI Midlands Limited seeks to take advantage of available tax incentives, reliefs and exemptions in line with, and in the spirit of, tax legislation. UGI Midlands Limited does not undertake tax planning unrelated to such commercial transactions.The level of risk which UGI Midlands Limited accepts in relation to UK taxation is consistent with its overall objective of achieving certainty in the group’s tax affairs. At all times UGI Midlands Limited seeks to comply fully with its regulatory and other obligations and to act in a way which upholds its reputation as a responsible corporate citizen. In relation to any specific issue or transaction, the Board is ultimately responsible for identifying the risks, including tax risks, which need to be addressed and for determining what actions should be taken to manage those risks, having regard to the materiality of the amounts and obligations in question.Relationship with HMRCWhen submitting tax computations and returns to HMRC, UGI Midlands Limited discloses all relevant facts and identifies any transactions or issues where it considers that there is potential for the tax treatment to be uncertain.Any inadvertent errors in submissions made to HMRC are fully disclosed as soon as reasonably practicable after they are identified.
List of entities covered by this Tax Strategy
UGI Midlands Limited
Avanti Gas Limited
Lister Gases Limited
Avantigas ON Limited
Amazong Gas Limited
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 - Interim Statement
AvantiGas is committed to taking steps to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not occurring in our supply chain or elsewhere in our business. We are undertaking a review of our business to identify any such risks and will be developing an appropriate strategy to address the findings of such review over the coming months.
In the interim, further details of our organisation and its activities can be found on our website at http://www.avantigas.com, and at the website of our parent company, UGI Corporation, at http://www.ugicorp.com.
If you have any specific enquiries about our activities in this area, please contact Tricia Baker, UGI’s Compliance Manager, at email@example.com.
AvantiGas welcomes feedback concerning its privacy policies. Please send us your comments and questions here.